*Attention: Do to the impact of COVID-19 and social distancing guidelines, it is taking longer to fulfill orders than usual. We are sorry for the inconvenience.*
1. What format should my photos and layouts be to upload?
2. What resolution should my photos and layouts be?
We recommend your photos and layouts be 300ppi. If you are uploading a layout created in the Project Life App, you can upload your layouts at 230ppi.
3. How close to the edge can I place text or elements on my layout or greeting cards?
Make sure all important text and elements are 1/4 inch away from the edge of your layout or greeting card. Anything closer to the edge may be cut off during the trimming process.
4. I want to create a border. How big should I make it?
You should add at least 1/2 inch border all the way around your layout. Anything less than 1/2 inch may result in an uneven border after trimming.
5. What adjustments should I make to my layouts prior to uploading so that they will print correctly?
If you have used our “PRINT READY” Project Life templates, you do not have to make any adjustments. If you have used our original Project Life Templates or templates from another site, you will need to make adjustments to insure that your borders will be even and that nothing is cut off. If you created your layouts in the Project Life App, you cannot directly upload them to make a photo book without making adjustments to the margins. If you do not make adjustments, the borders will be cut off. We will not reprint the order.
To make adjustments to the margins/borders, follow the instructions below:
- Select all of your layers in your layers palette except for the background layer.
- Click on the corner transform handle.
- In the tool options, click on the “constrain proportions” box (Photoshop Elements) or click on the link icon (Photoshop CC).
- In the width box, type 95%. The height box should automatically change to 95%.
- Save your layout.
For more help, watch our video tutorial on our YouTube channel found here.
6. I want to leave a page blank in my photo book, can I do that?
Yes, just upload a blank white page in JPEG format.
7. I want to order multiple rectangular sizes of one photo. Can I do that?
Yes. Upload your photo and then select the number of each print size you would like to order underneath the photo. To preview what each size will look like after cropping, click on the eyeball icon next to the photo size.
8. I want to adjust the cropping of the photo. How do I do that?
After you upload your photo, you will see 3 buttons below the photo that say “Bottom, Middle, Top.” Click on each photo to move it around and preview the cropping options. Make sure to preview each size you order because the cropping will affect each size differently. If you want a different crop for different sizes, upload the photo again for a separate crop.
9.How much do prints and photo books cost?
Please visit our pricing page here.
10. How much is shipping?
Print orders cost $5 to ship. The price of shipping a photo book is built into the price of the photo book. There will be no separate charge for shipping. If you have an order with both prints and photo books, you will be charged $5 for shipping.
11. How long will it take my order to arrive?
Please note: Due to the impact of COVID-19 and social distancing guidelines, our fulfillment time is longer. We are sorry for the inconvenience. You should expect 7-14 business days, though delivery times may vary by location. Expect longer delivery times for Alaska and Hawaii. Prints, photo books, and greeting cards all ship separately. If you placed one order with all three, expect 3 different shipments.
12. Do you ship internationally?
No, at this time we only ship in the US.
13. Can I cancel an order I’ve already submitted?
No, we’re unable to cancel an order once it’s already in process.
14. Can I make changes to an order I’ve already submitted?
No, we’re unable to make changes once the order is in process.
15. Where will my pages be printed?
All print orders are fulfilled by White House Custom Colour.
16. How will my prints look compared with what the page looks like on my screen?
It’s important to us that your printed pages are as beautiful as they were when created on your computer. We strive to match these as close as possible, but we do not automatically alter your images. Because computer screens and printed paper are inherently different, there may be subtle differences in colors. Since a screen emits light, and a printed image reflects light the screen image will appear brighter in most cases. Also, there may be cases where a printed image appears darker because a printer simply can’t produce all the different dark tones in the shadows of an image. We suggest that if your layout has photos taken indoors or at night that look a little dark, edit those photos to lighten them up before placing an order.
17. How will my prints look compared to those printed through the Project Life App?
Individual prints printed through Digital Project Life and through the Project Life App are fulfilled by the same company - White House Custom Colour. You can expect the same great quality when printing through both platforms. There will be a slight difference in the borders found on each page. This is due to the nature in which each platform has to process the layout for printing. For continuity, we recommend that you print one whole project or album of layouts through the same platform.
17. Can I use a gift card to pay?
Yes, you can use a Digital Project Life gift card to pay for your prints and photo books, but the shipping and taxes will need to be paid separately by a credit card or through PayPal.
18. If I use my browser's back button, why do I leave the printing site? How can I go back a page?
The printing site is designed to operate on one web address. Your browser's back buttons will not help you navigate. We have built in navigation buttons throughout the site to help you move forward and backward.
19. I have prints and/or photo books in my cart, but the orange shopping cart at the top of the page shows my cart is empty. Why?
The printing shopping cart runs independently of the Digital Project Life shopping cart. The orange shopping cart is the indicator for digital items in your cart. If you have prints or photo books in your cart, it will be indicated on the printing home page (see image below). Click on the "Go To Cart" button to preview your print shopping cart.
20. Can I order digital kits and prints or photo books at the same time?
No. The shopping cart for digital kits and prints is separate. Separate orders will need to be placed.
21. Can I place an order for a double-sided greeting card?
No. At this time we only print single-sided greeting cards.
22. Do you provide envelopes for your greeting cards?
Yes. All greeting cards come with envelopes.